Wednesday, December 16, 2015
CHURCH OF THE HOLY INNOCENTS
1. THURSDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2015 – There will be a Mass at 1:00 PM for the Vigil of the Nativity.
At 11:30 PM, there will be a Program of Sacred Christmas Music before the Midnight Mass.
2. FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2015 (Midnight Mass) – At 12:01 AM, we will have our Midnight Solemn Mass, which will be preceded by the Program of Sacred Christmas Music at 11:30 PM. The solemn blessing of the Nativity Scene will be done immediately before the Mass.
After the Midnight Mass, there will be a very festive Reception in the Parish Hall.
Later that same day, we will have the Christmas “Day” Mass at 10:30 AM.
3. SATURDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2015 – The Mass for the Feast of St. Stephen will be at 1:00 PM.
4. SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2015 – The Mass for the Sunday within the Octave of Christmas will be at 10:30 AM. The usual Sunday Coffee Hour will take place after the Mass.
Sunday Vespers and Benediction will be at 2:30 PM, preceded by the recitation of the Holy Rosary at 2:00 PM.
(The recitation of the Holy Rosary and Sunday Vespers followed by Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament takes place every Sunday of the year at the Church of the Holy Innocents).
5. MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2015 – TITULAR FEAST OF OUR PARISH
For the Feast of the Holy Innocents, there will be an 8:00 AM (English) Mass followed by Exposition and Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament.
There will also be a Prayerful Pro-Life Procession to an abortion clinic nearby, while the faithful recite the Rosary and sing some hymns. This is organized by the Franciscan Friars and Sisters of the Renewal.
At 11:00 AM, the procession will return to the church for Benediction and Reposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament. Immediately after, hot lunch will be provided in the Parish Hall.
At 6:00 PM, there will be a (traditional) Solemn Mass for the 1st class Feast of the Holy Innocents.
On this day, a PLENARY INDULGNCE (under the usual conditions) can be obtained by the Faithful who devoutly visit the Church of the Holy Innocents and recite one Our Father and the Creed.
6. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2015 – The usual Wednesday Sung Mass will take place at 6:00 PM.
7. THURSDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2015 – For New Year’s Eve, we will have the traditional Mass at 1:00 PM. The solemn Te Deum will be sung.
A PLENARY INDULGENCE (under the usual conditions) can be obtained by the Faithful who partake in the public recitation of the Te Deum on the last day of the year.
8. FRIDAY, JANUARY 1, 2016 – For the Octave of the Nativity (Circumcision) of Our Lord, Holy Innocents will have its traditional Mass at 1:00 PM.
This day is a Holy Day of Obligation and all Catholics must fulfill their obligation to attend Holy Mass.
At the beginning of the Mass, we will sing the Veni, Creator.
A PLENARY INDULGENCE (under the usual conditions) can be obtained by the Faithful who partake in the public recitation of the Veni Creator on the first day of the New Year.