Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Blessed Pope Pius IX

O.K. I had forgotten to include this picture - how could I!?

Declaration of the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception!

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Since I have already posted a "tribute" to Pius XII (in pictures), it's now Bl. Pius IX's turn - due to the fact that he is one of my favorite Popes! I wish I had video clips of him...


The Pope of the Immaculate Conception!

Triregno given to Pope Pius IX by Catholic Queen Isabel II of Spain - made of 18, 000 jewels

Body of Pope Pius IX

The Pope-King

Pius IX praying


The Pope and the Church

Great statue!

Burial place of Pius IX

No fringes, just tassels!

The Immaculate Conception

Pius IX blessing


Bl. Pius IX's relics

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! But, dang, I have most of pics, and was saving them for future posts! Beat me to the punch, young Grasshopper :)

humboldt said...

We must thank JPII for having beatified him. Even Bl. John XXIII prayed for the grace from God to canonize Pius IX. I also pray for his prompt canonization.

latinmass1983 said...

Ken:
It was not intentionally! Anyway, still post them because repetition helps! Most people have forgotten about this Pope. Also, I am sure that you have more pictures than the ones I have posted.

hint: Guess who will be the next favorite Pius - oops, I meant the next favorite Pope?

Humbolt:
Yes, we should thank for for doing that. However, he could have done more. He could have canonized him. Pius IX's holiness is very, very obvious for everyone to see. I do not see any reason why he is not numbered among the Saints of the Church - officially.

Anonymous said...

Latinmass, you keep posting the pics, as long as they get out there so people don't forget. Also, Pio Nono, suffered alot for the Church, her rights, and perogatives. Out of all the modern Popes he was one of the most persecuted (Pius VII probably more with Napoleon).

humboldt said...

latinmass1983, I disagree with the current norms that stipulate that political considerations is a factor in dertermining the speed of canonization process. This is wrong. God's grace should not and cannot be second judged. This is a fault of JPII and of Benedict XVI if he doesn't change that. I am for the prompt canonization of Pius IX. ¡SUBITO!

humboldt said...

Was the tiara that Pope Pius XII used, the one of Pious IX?

latinmass1983 said...

I am not sure; it is possible. Pius IX had more than one Tiara. Some of them were gifts. The one given by Queen Isabel II seems never to have been used.

I do know that John XXIII wore the one Pius XII used more frequently.

If I find out, I'll let you know.

humboldt said...

¡Thank you latinmass1983! I wrote this because I had read this somewhere else.

fred hass said...

More images and info about Pius IX at www.ThePopesCologne.com