CHURCH OF THE HOLY INNOCENTS
(New York City)
SPECIAL MASSES/EVENTS FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
In addition to the usual Sung Masses for Wednesday, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, below are special events taking place at the very active and extremely vibrant Church of the Holy Innocents (the only parish in the archdiocese of NY with the daily traditional Mass):
1) On Thursday, June 4, 2015 (the Feast of Corpus Christi ), Holy Innocents wi ll have its annual celebration of this beautiful and very Catholic Feast with a Solemn Mass at 6 PM and an outdoors procession immediately after. This is the sixth year that Holy Innocents has its Corpus Christi procession in midtown Manhattan. Blessed holy cards will be distributed to the faithful in attendance as they come into the church.*
2) On Friday, June 5, 2015, (first Friday of the month) newly-ordained Fr. Simon Zurita will be saying his traditional (Solemn) Mass of thanksgiving at 6 PM. Fr. Zurita will offer his priestly blessing to the faithful after the Mass, and there will be a festive reception in the parish hall (of course!).
3) On Tuesday, June 9, 2015, the newly-formed Catholic Daughters' Court at Holy Innocents will sponsor a special Solemn Mass at 6 PM. After Holy Mass, two traditional Catholic film-directors (Jim Morlino and Liam Firmager) will show screenings of St. Bernadette of Lourdes, The War of the Vendee, and The Life and times of Gabriel García Moreno (the Catholic president of Ecuador who consecrated that nation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus) . As always, there will also be another reception for this.
4) On Friday, June 12, 2015, the Feat of Sacred Heart , we will have a Solemn Mass at 6 PM. This Feast is closely linked to the Feast of Corpus Christi and we always celebrate it with great solemnity (music, vestments, relics, etc.) at Holy Innocents. Beautiful blessed holy cards will also be distributed to the faithful in attendance.*
5) On Saturday, June 13, 2015, the Feast of the very popular Portuguese/Italian Saint: Anthony of Padua, we will have a Sung Mass at 1 PM. Blessed holy cards will be distributed on this day to the faithful in attendance.*
6) On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 is the first class Feast of St. John the Baptist. We will have a Solemn Mass at 6 PM. In the Catholic Church, there has always been great devotion to St. John the Baptist, so much so that he is one of the very few Saints mentioned in the traditional Confiteor. Very beautiful holy cards will be distributed to the faithful in attendance.*
7) On Friday, June 26, 2015, there will be a Rally for Peace to pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East.
8) Saturday, June 27, 2015 will be the Feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. We will be having a Sung Mass at 1 PM. This year (2015), this feast will start the 150th anniversary celebration of when Bl. Pius IX entrusted the Icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help to the Redemptorists.
9) Finally (!), Monday, June 29, 2015 will be the Feast of holy Apostles Sts. Peter and Paul. We will have a Solemn Mass at 6 PM. As Roman Catholics and because St. Peter was the first Pope, we always observe this particular Feast with great solemnity and devotion (by attending the traditional Mass on this Feast and praying to the Holy Ghost for guidance for the reigning Supreme Pontiff).
* Attached and below are pictures of some of the very beautiful (and traditional) holy cards that will be distributed to the faithful on some of the Feasts days as noted above.